Are you a first-year student admitted for Fall 2018? Here's what to expect prior to the start of classes:
Early Action Decisions mailed - late December 2017
- Merit scholarship award information is included in acceptance packets for eligible students. Students admitted via Early Action are encouraged to submit updated transcripts with senior year grades by March 1, 2017 to be considered for a higher scholarship (if applicable).
Sullivan Leaders' Day at Seattle University - January 20, 2018
Priority Deadline for Need-Based Financial Aid Consideration - February 1, 2018
Regular Decision notifications mailed - early March 2018
- Merit scholarship award information is included in acceptance packets for eligible students.
Financial Aid Notification - by late March 2018
- Students who submitted a FAFSA will be notified via their Seattle University email when their financial aid award becomes available. Instructions about how to access the award will be included.
Admitted Student Visit Opportunities - March and April 2018
Access Online Welcome Tutorial - mid April 2018
- Future Redhawks will be able to access an online welcome tutorial that provides additional information about finalizing your enrollment. Some items require that the confirmation deposit be paid before access is allowed. The online tutorial includes items such as registration and housing preferenecs as well as Summer in Seattle orientation registration. In addition, the tutorial provides information about your health insurance options and how to submit immunization documentation.
Confirm Your Enrollment - on or before Monday, May 1, 2018
- A nonrefundable confirmation deposit of $200 is required of all new undergraduates for fall quarter enrollment. Students planning to live on campus must also submit a $300 housing deposit ($500 total). View the "Confirm Your Enrollment" page for further information.
Submit New Student Preferences - May 7, 2018
- Students may begin submitted their preferences for Fall Quarter course placement, housing and Summer in Seattle registration through the online welcome tutorial beginning Monday, May 7, 2018 at 3 PM (PST). More information regarding New Student Preferences can be found on the "Preparing for your First Quarter" page.
Summer in Seattle Orientation Sessions - 4 Sessions offered in July
- All freshmen will attend a fun, engaging and informative two-day overnight orientation session called Summer in Seattle. You'll select the session that best fits your schedule when the registration page becomes live in early May. Please do not book airfare or travel arrangements until you register for your session. The 2018 Session dates are:
- Session 1: July 9-10, 2018
- Session 2: July 12-13, 2018
- Session 3: July 16-17, 2018
- Session 4: July 19-20, 2018
- Honolulu Session: July 28, 2018 - Session in Honolulu for students from Hawaii only
Submit Final Transcripts - July 15, 2018
- Final high school transcripts (with graduation dates posted), final college transcripts, and AP exam scores are due by July 15, 2018. Failure to submit final transcripts may result in registration holds. Acceptance to Seattle University is contingent upon the successful completion of coursework in progress. Please contact the Admissions Office with questions or if further clarification is needed.
Housing and Roommate Assignments Released - Early August 2018
- For students planning to live on campus, residence hall placement and roommate assignments will be released in early August.
First-Year Student Move In and Welcome Week - September 22, 2018
- Students will move into residence halls on Saturday, September 22nd, which also kicks off a five-day Welcome Week celebration for new Redhawks!
First Day of Fall Quarter Classes - Wednesday, September 26, 2018
- First day of classes for all undergraduate students.
Fall Quarter Tuition Due Date - Thursday, September 20, 2018
Questions about this timeline? Contact the Admissions Office at (206) 220-8040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.