- BA in Public Affairs
- Minor in Nonprofit and Public Administration
Bachelor of Arts in Public Affairs
The major in public affairs welcomes students interested in public policy, community planning, civic engagement, and advocacy for employment in local, state, and federal government or the nonprofit sector.
Coursework in public affairs encourages students to explore diverse perspectives, apply problem-solving skills, and engage in practical internship experiences that enable graduates to analyze and address real-world social problems.
Minor in Nonprofit and Public Administration
For students interested in working in nonprofits, local, state or federal government, the minor will provide you with a foundation in public policy, nonprofit management, urban planning, and community engagement.
Public Affairs students will:
- Develop the perspectives, skills, and abilities necessary to make a difference in the public and nonprofit sector.
- Learn about public policy, program evaluation, organizational leadership, financial management, and research methods.
- Choose a concentration in an area of particular interest including:
- Urban Planning and Sustainability
- Nonprofit Management
- International Development (study abroad options are available)
- Politics and Policy
- Design your own concentration