Your Leadership Discovery Starts Here.
Elevate Your Vision, Your Voice, and Your Value as a Leader.
The Executive Leadership Program (ELP) is unique to Seattle University. It is an 8-month certificate program that provides an in-depth exploration into leadership and its personal meaning in each participant’s life. The Leadership Executive MBA (LEMBA) at Seattle University also begins with this unique leadership experience.
In small class settings and with one-on-one executive coaching, you’ll have the opportunity to discover how you’re perceived, who you want to be as a leader, and what leadership means in your life. You’ll also gain a deeper knowledge of leadership, greater self-confidence, and a keen awareness of the ethics and values that guide executive decisions. You’ll come away with a strong appreciation of how your actions as a leader can affect positive change in your organization and the world.
What Makes Us Stand Out?
Most universities offer leadership courses, but few focus on developing your voice and vision as a leader the way the ELP does. In the process, you’ll become more influential as a leader. You’ll work with an executive coach to shape your own agenda and get unbiased feedback on your goals. Through rigorous coursework, application, and time for reflection, you’ll deepen your leadership perspective and skills. Through a social justice project of your choosing, you’ll put your leadership into action on an issue of importance to you.
The outcome is a deeper knowledge of leadership with:
- A keen awareness of the ethics and values that guide executive decisions.
- A sense of how your actions can effect positive change.
- A stronger appreciation of the needs of our global commons.
- Greater confidence in yourself.
Who Should Participate?
- MBAs. The ELP can be earned as a stand-alone graduate certificate, and it’s ideal for those with an MBA or other graduate degree who want to build their leadership skills.
- Continuing Education Students. The ELP is an excellent stand-alone certificate program for leaders on the rise who may not be able to pursue a graduate degree at the time.
- LEMBA Participants. The ELP is required as the first two quarters of our Leadership Executive MBA Program (LEMBA).
A Program that Works for You.
The ELP includes a 3-day residential retreat, advanced experiential learning, team projects, outreach activities and one-on-one executive coaching. Classes meet once a month in two- to three-day modules. Meeting days are typically Thursday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.