The Gleed Chair was established to memorialize Thomas F. Gleed, a prominent Seattle businessman and longtime friend and contributor to Seattle University. Mr. Gleed’s association with Seattle University dates back to the early 1950’s when he and other local business leaders began to organize support for educational programs at the university. His advice and direction helped to guide an emerging institution through several important building phases.
The Thomas F. Gleed Chair of Business Administration brings a distinguished business educator to the Albers School of Business and Economics for a two-year period. The recipient will serve as a resource for university students and faculty and actively participate in community activities such as business seminars, lectures, and conferences. The specific duties will be tailored to the strengths of the chair holder.
The Gleed Chair was established in 1980. Chair holders were originally selected for a one- to five-year term. They are now selected for a two-year term.
Current Chair holder
- Currently vacant
Former Chair holders
- Suzanne De Janasz, PhD 2014-2016
- Dino Falaschetti, PhD 2010-2012
- David Reid, PhD 2006-2008
- Colette Frayne, PhD 2003-2005
- Richard Corbett, PhD 2000-2002
- Russell J. Petersen, PhD 1997-1999
- David Dubofsky, PhD 1993-1995
- Robert Higgs, PhD 1990-1992
- David Kurtz, PhD 1986-1988
- Karl E. Weick, PhD 1983-1984
- David Kurtz, PhD 1980-1983