This certificate program is designed to produce professionals who can analyze massive amounts of data in business, governments, and other industries. Topics include relational database systems, multi-dimensional modeling, data warehousing, data mining, big data analytics, web analytics, and business intelligence.
Also check out our Master of Science in Business Analytics.
On successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify and discuss business problems to analytical models in terms of data and information.
- Apply appropriate analytical models to develop solutions to business problems that achieve stated objectives.
- Transfer results of business analytic projects into effective courses of action.
Admissions and Certificate Requirements from Seattle University's 2017-2018 Graduate Catalog.
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 2 years of full time work experience
- Competency in statistics
- Official scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE)
Individual courses below may have additional prerequisites. See the Prerequisites table for details.
I. Required Courses
|Four required courses (15 credits)||Credits|
|IS 5305: Data Management in Business
|IS 5310: Data Mining for Business Intelligence
|IS 5315: Big Data Analytics
|IS 5325: Capstone Project in Business Intelligence
|Choose one (3 credits)||Credits|
|IS 5200: Business Applications Architecture & Programming
|IS 5320: Web Analytics
Requirement for certificate: 18 credits
- You need to apply for the certificate program as a regular student via our Application page.
- Once you are accepted, you may start any term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer).
- After being accepted, you must attend an advising orientation.
- Refer to the Business Analytics Certificate Schedule to plan your program.
- Length of program depends on when classes are being offered and how many you wish to take per term.
- Cost is $850 per credit plus fees. (Certificate requirement: 18 credits.)
For more information, contact email@example.com.