The Global Business Certificate provides an opportunity for advanced education in international business and global strategy. This certificate will allow students to gain an in-depth appreciation of the global economy and its impact on business. Topics include functional areas in economics, finance, marketing, management, strategy, law, and ethics; these will prepare graduates for positions of leadership in business, government, or other international organizations.
On successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Articulate differences among national cultures that affect business operations in specific countries
- Exhibit the ability to identify, measure, interpret, and incorporate relevant information in analyzing problems and making effective business decisions in an international context
- Demonstrate an ability to write an international business professional report analyzing an international business problem, make recommendations, and make a formal presentation to International Business faculty
Admissions and Certificate Requirements from Seattle University's 2017-2018 Graduate Catalog
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Competency in statistics
- Official scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE)
- 2+ years of professional experience
|Two Required Courses (6 credits)||Credits|
|INBU 5310: International Management
|INBU 5315: Global Policy and Strategy
|Choose three of the following six courses (9 credits):|
|BETH 5100: International Ethics and Cultural Issues
|BLAW 5310: International Law & Business
|ECON 5315: International Economics
|FINC 5305: Finance for International Business
|INBU 5300: Competing With & Within China
|MKTG 5315: Topics in International Marketing
Requirement for certificate: 15 credits
- You need to apply for the certificate program as a regular student via our Application page.
- Once you are accepted, you may start any term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer).
- After being accepted, you must attend an advising orientation.
- Refer to the Global Business Certificate Schedule to plan your program.
- Length of program depends on when classes are being offered and how many you wish to take per term.
- Cost is $850 per credit plus fees. (Certificate requirement: 15 credits.)
For more information, contact email@example.com.