The graduate certificates in business are designed to allow working professionals to develop expertise and acquire a credential beyond their undergraduate degree. The certificate program allows students to:
- Specialize in new areas of business
- Update older information or degree
- Acquire added skills and credentials to increase their career opportunities
The program allows a student, with guidance of a graduate programs coordinator, to choose a customized program of five to six graduate business classes from the graduate courses offered through the Albers School of Business and Economics. Course work for the certificate may be applied to other advanced graduate degrees if enrolled in those degree programs prior to completion of the certificate program.
Upon completion of the requirements for the Certificate in healthcare management, students will have posted to their transcripts the entry, Certificate of Healthcare Management and be issued a certificate.
Admissions and Certificate Requirements from Seattle University's 2017-2018 Graduate Catalog
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Competency in statistics
- Official scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE)
ECON 5000 Introductory Business Statistics
II. Required Courses
|Two required courses (6 credits)||Credits|
|HMGT 5320: Health Sector Economics and Policy||3|
|HMGT 5330: Health Program Planning and Development||3|
III. Elective Courses
|Choose three of the following elective courses: (9 credits)||Credits|
|HMGT 5310: Global Health: Everyone's Business||3|
|IS 5315: Big Data Analytics||3|
|MGMT 5100: Leadership Skills and Team Development||3|
|MGMT 5335: Leading with Emotional Intelligence||3|
|NURS 5010: Ethical Considerations and Health Policy in Nursing Practice||3|
|NURS 5011: Nursing Informatics||3|
|NURS 5020: Epidemiologic Analysis of Populations at Risk||3|
|NURS 5112: Health Informatics II||3|
|NURS 6190: Quality Improvement Process and Methodologies||3|
|OPER 5310:Project Management and Control||3|
Requirement for certificate: 15 credits
- You need to apply for the certificate program as a regular student via our Application page.
- Once you are accepted, you may start any term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer).
- After being accepted, you must attend an advising orientation.
- Refer to the Healthcare Management Certificate Schedule to plan your program.
- Length of program depends on when classes are being offered and how many you wish to take per term.
- Cost is $850 per credit plus fees. (Certificate requirement: 15 credits.)
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.