With the professional Certificate for Innovation & Entrepreneurship, participants will learn the critical strategies and skills to successfully launch, manage, and lead innovative programs and organizations of all sizes. You will receive practical, hands-on experience to work more effectively within your current company or to launch your own new venture by choosing one of two flexible areas of emphasis: Innovation or Entrepreneurship. In addition, you'll have access to the support and guidance of our dedicated Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship staff, including access to coaches and subject matter experts from among the top business leaders in the region.
Benefits to You
- Learn a solid set of innovation and entrepreneurial skills that you can apply to any career, job, or area of your life.
- Gain a deeper understanding and applied learning of the best practices in innovation & entrepreneurship, as demonstrated by “real-life” successful practitioners.
- Interact with and learn from top-notch professors and faculty who are experts in their fields.
- Receive feedback, guidance, and coaching from the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship's staff and coaches.
Who Should Enroll
- Team or company leaders who want to learn how to be more innovative & entrepreneurial
- Managers or other professionals within existing companies, nonprofits, or startups who want to reach the next level of success
- Anyone interested in launching their own startup or other enterprise
- Technical or engineering students who want to bring more innovation and creative thinking to their projects
- Project teams that want to work together more effectively and create breakthrough results
On successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify a real-world problem and potential innovative solutions for the problem
- Design a sustainable business model and a procedure to validate the business model to solve the real-world problem
- Determine resources needed to execute the business model and means to acquire the required resources
- Communicate the business model to internal and external stakeholders by writing and presenting a business plan
Admissions and Certificate Requirements from Seattle University's 2017-2018 Graduate Catalog
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum 2 years of full time work experience
Individual courses below may have additional prerequisites. See the Prerequisites table for details.
Courses may be taken in any order.
I. Required Courses
|Two required courses (6 credits)||Credits|
|MGMT 5360: Entrepreneurial Strategies and Growth||3|
|MGMT 5370: Business Plan Development||3|
|Choose three electives (9 credits)||Credits|
|BLAW 5305: Legal Issues for New Ventures||3|
|FINC 5300: Financial Statement Analysis and Security Valuation||3|
|FINC 5315: Entrepreneurial Finance *||3|
|MGMT 5300: Family Owned Business||3|
|MGMT 5315: Community Development and Entrepreneurship Clinic I||3|
|MGMT 5330: Entrepreneurship: Social Enterprise||3|
|MGMT 5340: Business Consulting||3|
|MGMT 5345: Managing Diversity||3|
|MGMT 5365: Management of Change||3|
|MKTG 5310: New Product Development||3|
|MKTG 5345: Social Media Marketing||3|
|MKTG 5350: Creativity and Innovation||3|
|OPER 5310: Project Management and Control||3|
*Note: For students enrolled in the Master of Science in Finance program, FINC 5315 is excluded from the list of eligible electives qualifying for this certificate.
Requirement for certificate: 15 credits
- You need to apply for the certificate program as a regular student via our Application page.
- Once you are accepted, you may start any term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer).
- After being accepted, you must attend an advising orientation.
- Refer to the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Certificate Schedule to plan your program.
- Length of program depends on when classes are being offered and how many you wish to take per term.
- Cost is $850 per credit plus fees. (Certificate requirement: 15 credits.)
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.