The graduate certificates in business are designed to allow working professionals to develop expertise and acquire a credential beyond their undergraduate degree. The certificate program allows students to:
- Specialize in new areas of business
- Update older information or degree
- Acquire added skills and credentials to increase their career opportunities
The program allows a student, with guidance of a graduate programs coordinator, to choose a customized program of five to six graduate business classes from the graduate courses offered through the Albers School of Business and Economics.Course work for the certificate may be applied to other advanced graduate degrees if enrolled in those degree programs prior to completion of the certificate program.
Upon completion of the requirements for the Certificate in Leadership Formation, students will have posted to their transcripts the entry, Certificate of Leadership Formation and be issued a certificate.
On successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of competencies related to leadership and teamwork. Students will demonstrate mastery of working with and through others.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in oral and written communication. Students will demonstrate effective communication by performing both individual and team projects and presentations.
- Exhibit professional integrity, ethical leadership, and effective collaboration skills. Experiential exercises and projects will emphasize ethics throughout the curriculum.
Admissions and Certificate Requirements from Seattle University's 2017-2018 Graduate Catalog
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 2 years full-time work experience
- Official scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAC) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE)
- A motivation to achieve personal and professional growth
Individual courses below may have additional prerequisites. See the Prerequisites table for details.
I. Required Courses
|MGMT 5305: Foundations of Leadership Formation||3|
Choose four courses from the following list:
|MGMT 5100: Leadership and Team Development*||3|
|MGMT 5310: Recognizing Leaders in the Community||3|
|MGMT 5325: Adventure-Based Leadership Seminar||3|
|MGMT 5335: Leading with Emotional Intelligence||3|
|MGMT 5345: Managing Diversity||3|
|MGMT 5355: Extraordinary Leaders||3|
|MGMT 5375: CEO Leadership and Board of Directors||3|
|MGMT 5380: Negotiation Skills||3|
|MGMT 5960: Independent Study in Leadership||3|
*Not available for Professional MBA students
Requirement for certificate: 15 credits
- You need to apply for the certificate program as a regular student via our Application page.
- Once you are accepted, you may start any term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer).
- After being accepted, you must attend an advising orientation.
- Refer to the Leadership Formation Certificate Schedule to plan your program.
- Length of program depends on when classes are being offered and how many you wish to take per term.
- Cost is $850 per credit plus fees. (Certificate requirement: 15 credits.)
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.