2017/18 Fellowship Information:
- Award Amounts: $15,000.00 in scholarships with an additional $7,000.00 for research assistant work.
- Total Fellowship Applications: 15
- Total Fellowship Award: 1
- Applicant Demographics: 60% domestic, 40% international
- Average Applicant GMAT: 624
- Average Applicant GRE: 309
- Average Applicant Undergraduate GPA: 3.22
- Average Applicant Albers Graduate GPA: 3.78
The Genevieve Albers Graduate Fellowship provides financial assistance to graduate business students in exchange for assisting Albers faculty with their academic research. The fellow will receive a $15,000 tuition scholarship and $7,000 stipend in exchange for working 16 hrs/week for the three academic quarters (a total of 480 hours for the academic year).
The purpose of the fellowship is to provide financial assistance to our graduate students while at the same time enhancing faculty scholarship. The fellowship also honors the memory of Genevieve Albers, a long time and generous supporter of the Albers School.
The Fellowship will be competitive based on the qualifications of the applicant. Information to be considered will be the applicant’s undergraduate academic record, GMAT/GRE scores, professional experience, technology skills, quantitative skills, communication skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to work independently and take the initiative.
Fellowship Application Deadline: Applications will be due to Jeff Millard, Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs, by noon on May 1 for the fellowship to be awarded for the following academic year.
Who is Eligible: This Fellowship is available for incoming (new) PMBA, MSBA, MSF, and MPAC students. Current Albers graduate students (with at least a year left of their program) are also encouraged to apply.
Selection Process: Fellowship recipients are selected based on GMAT/GRE score, a short essay, and undergraduate performance (GPA). Both part-time and full-time incoming domestic as well as international students are eligible. Recipients will be notified by the end of May. The recipient will be selected by the Albers School Executive Committee (consisting of deans and department chairs).
Contact Jeff Millard at (206) 296-5708 or email@example.com for more information.
- Complete and submit the Seattle University Graduate Application for Admission by May 1 (including GMAT/GRE scores). You must have a complete application to be eligible for this fellowship.
- Complete and submit the Genevieve Albers Fellowship Application by May 1.
Essay Question: Describe your professional experience and your technology, quantitative, communication, and critical thinking skills. State examples of when and how you used these skills in addition to examples of taking initiative and assuming leadership roles.
Please Note: Your essay is limited to a maximum of 2000 characters, not WORDS, but CHARACTERS. Please plan accordingly.