Post-Master’s Program Administrator Certificate
Seattle University’s Program Administrator Certificate program attracts aspiring administrators who are passionate about making a difference — and who see themselves as leaders of other professionals in pursuit of excellence for students, staff and schools.
The Post-Master’s Program Administrator Certificate is designed for working professionals and who already have a master’s degree. The program offers evening and weekend class times and takes only six quarters to complete. The cohort begins each spring.
- Application deadline: February 20
- Deadlines for international students are available on the Graduate Admissions website.
- Completed online application form and $55 non-refundable application fee
- College of Education Self-Evaluation Form provided through the application
- Résumé reflecting at least one year’s successful relevant work experience
- Evidence of earned master’s degree from regionally accredited institution or U.S. equivalent. As evidence submit official, degree-posted transcripts from all graduate-level coursework. If transcripts are mailed directly to the applicant, envelopes must remain sealed.
- Two recommendations from supervisors within past five years using College of Education Recommendation forms provided through the application.
- Interview with on-site writing sample.
English Language Requirement
Applicants for whom English is a non-native language must demonstrate English proficiency regardless of English language studies, residence in the United States or an English-speaking country, or immigration status.
Graduate applicants with a baccalaureate or higher degrees from recognized colleges in the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia and who have continued to reside in countries where English is the primary language for at least two years prior to applying to Seattle University will have this requirement waived.
English proficiency may be met with an official TOEFL score of 92 (IBT), or 580 (PBT); the IELTS exam with a minimum score of 7.0; PTE score of 62.
Post-Master’s Program Administration Certificate Requirements (37 credits)
- EDAD 5000 - Intr. to Socially Just School Leadership School Leadership Roles and Responsibilities (2)
- EDAD 5010 - Leadership to Develop and Sustain Culturally Responsive Learning Communities (2)
- EDAD 5011 - Individual Work Planning to Ensure Quality Leadership Development (1)
- EDAD 5012 - Team Building and Organizational Development (2)
- EDAD 5013 - Leadership that Promotes Quality Principles for Teaching and Learning and Data Use (2)
- EDAD 5021 - Supervision for Quality Teaching and Learning for All (1)
- EDAD 5022 - Supervision for Quality Teaching and Learning for All (1)
- EDAD 5031 - Pro-seminar year-long (2)
- EDAD 5041 - Internship year-long (4)
- EDAD 5023 - Supervision for Quality Teaching and Learning for All (1)
- EDAD 5032 - Pro-seminar year- long (2)
- EDAD 5042 - Internship year-long (4)
- EDAD 5033 - Pro-seminar year-long (2)
- EDAD 5043 - Internship year-long (4)
- EDAD 5014 - Leadership for Equitable Fiscal Management to Advance Quality Learning for All Learners (2)
- EDAD 5015 - School Leadership for Adult Learning and Professional Development (1)
- EDAD 5016 - Community Engaged Leadership for Excellence and Sustainability (1)
- EDAD 5017 - Leadership to Ensure Ethical Practice (2)
- EDAD 5018 - Understanding and Implementing School Law and Policy (1)
To learn more, contact the Educational Administration program at EdAdmin@seattleu.edu.