Registration now open - apply today. Appliations due by July 15, 2016.
The Professional Certificate Program provides a coherent program for principals and program administrators earning the advanced level of administrator certification in Washington state. Candidates work closely with a faculty member as they develop a professional growth plan, demonstrate performance at the professional level, and prepare for panel assessment.
Candidates have the option of joining the required seminars either on campus orvia Web conferencing. You can participate from any location where you can access the Internet.
The program lasts one academic year and incorporates a weekend schedule to accommodate working professionals.
- Quarterly seminars offered in-person and via simultaneous Web conferencing
- Seminar work connected to professional work in school or school district
- Individualized support, advising and mentoring
- Leadership coaching available for individuals from a Seattle University coach for an additional fee
CurriculumThere are three major projects to complete to meet ISLLC standards:
- Professional Growth Plan
- Action Research
- Evidence Collection
These same projects are expected throughout the state for all administrative professional certificate programs.
Schedule and Assignments
- Orientation in late August
- Four Saturday seminars throughout the year (late September, late January and late April)
- Final Colloquium Presentation: early June upon completion of project addressing ISLLC Standard 2
- Individual meetings with candidate, supervisor and program faculty during the fall
- Additional online assignments throughout the year
- Implementation of professional growth plan
- Development of integrated project addressing the ISLLC Standards
One-time fee of $1,425
- Valid Washington State Residency Principal or Program Administrator Certificate
- At least two years of successful administrative experience employed in a Washington state public school district or the equivalent in a state-approved private school
- Verified current and continuing full-time employment as an administrator in a public school, school district or an approved private school
Registration for the 2016 cohort is now open. Applications due by July 15, 2016.
Submit the following materials to the Professional Certification Program:
- Completed Application Form
- Official transcripts sent directly to the Professional Learning Office -- see address below
- Verification of Employment form
- NB: This form must be signed by the superintendent or personnel director of the school district or private school. Only original signatures will be accepted. No copies, scans or faxes.
All materials can be sent to:
Professional Certification Program
College of Education, Seattle University
901 12th Ave, PO Box 222000
Seattle, WA 98122
For more information, please contact email@example.com