The 2017 Senior Gift will benefit Moral Mondays at SU, the #BlackLivesMatter Initiative at Seattle University.
Founded in October of 2014, by staff member and alumnus (’10) Tyrone Brown, in response to the death of Michael O.D. Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.
Moral Mondays at SU hosts 9 signature programs over Fall, Winter, and Spring, Quarter.
The Three Goals of Moral Mondays at SU:
1. Advocating for Seattle University as a place and space for the national conversation on race, police violence, and the #BlackLivesMatter movement
2. Focusing on the Black presence – past, present, and future – at Seattle University
3. Highlighting the ways in which Seattle University directly or indirectly contributes to the problems and/or solutions facing Black communities
Impact of the 2017 Senior Gift
- $25 would provide materials and supplies for a group related project and/or training
- $50 would provide discount/subsidized tickets to an event
- $100 would provide a stipend for an internship
- $250 would provide transportation (van rental) for a group immersion experience
- $500 would provide a workshop experience or other small scale event
The Seattle University Class of 2017 asks you to make a meaningful gift to benefit Moral Mondays at SU. To make your contribution please select 'other' and specify in the comments 'The VP Fund for Excellence--Student Development (Moral Mondays at SU, SCG 2017)'. Gifts designated to any area will honor the 2017 Senior Class if you make a gift to another area please specify "SCG 2017" in comments.
Senior Toast Event
Join Fr. Steve and the Alumni Association a celebratory toast for your future! The 2017 Senior Toast will be held on Thursday, May 25th, from 5pm-7pm in the Campion Ballroom. All members of the Senior Class of 2017 are invited to attend and are also encouraged to bring a mentor to celebrate with them, register yourself and your guest here.
Questions Email SeniorToast@seattleu.edu.