Transfer Out

Transfer Out your SEVIS record

Students who are intending to attend another college or university in the United States are required to transfer their SEVIS record to their new school. Immigration Advisors or Designated School Officials (DSOs) can only view the records of students attending their school. This means that when you choose to go to a new school, we need to send your SEVIS record to them so that they can issue you a new I-20. 

There are a couple of steps you need to take in order to transfer your SEVIS record to your new school.

  1. Fill out your new school's paperwork for transferring your SEVIS record in
  2. Provide Seattle University with your acceptance letter to your new school
  3. Fill out the SEVIS Release Request Form: SEVIS Release Request - Transfer Out