Services for Seattle University Alumni
We are pleased to offer a variety of library services to our Seattle University alumni. You are considered an alum if you have earned a minimum of 90 credits from Seattle U. If you meet that criterion, and would like to use the Library, please fill out this online form, and a Lemieux Circulation staff member will contact you as soon as your account is ready to activate. Please note: your alumni information may not show up in the database until as many as ten weeks after graduation requirements have been fulfilled.
You are invited to take advantage of the following services and privileges:
- Borrow Library materials up to a maximum of six items at one time.
- Printed books - 6 weeks
- Printed periodicals and media items - 6 days
Please consult the library's website and understand your responsibilities as a borrower.
- Search a select number of library-licensed databases and electronic texts at the two walk-up computers located on the 2nd Floor, far west wall, near the double helical staircase. Alumni are not allowed to print onsite, so please bring your own flash drive or other device to download information.
- Research assistance to alumni includes basic instruction in the use of the catalog and to our guest databases; brief answers to research questions during on-call hours; or referrals to other collections and services. Alumni with in depth questions related to Catholic religion or liturgy will be referred to the Archdiocese of Seattle.
- Access to Special Collections materials is available by scheduled appointment with the Coordinator of Collection Development, Mary Linden Sepulveda. Materials include rare, limited editions, fine press and artists' books plus university archives. For more information and an appointment request form, go to Special Collections .
- Through the SU Digital Library search the entire history of Seattle U's student newspapers, The Spectator (1933-2012), and its predecessor The Palestra (1922-1927).
- Other amenities include quiet, attractive study spaces available throughout the building; a free scanner is located on the 3 rd floor.
- Alumni access to WiFi is limited. To get alumni WiFi login information, email firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Alumni are not allowed to place holds or requests for books and media.
- Our licenses for ebooks, allow access to current students, faculty or staff. Although some of our electronic resources are available for walk-in use at the designated 2nd floor stations, remote access to database subscriptions licensed by Lemieux Library also extend only to current students, faculty or staff. As an alternative, registered patrons of Seattle Public Library and King County Library System can access a large number of databases remotely through these libraries' websites.