Jesuit Library Passport provides on-site borrowing privileges for faculty at any Jesuit University Library in the United States.
The Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) is a national voluntary service organization whose mission is to serve its member institutions: the 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States. Though each institution is separately chartered by the state and is legally autonomous under its own board of trustees, the 28 schools are bonded together by a common heritage, vision and purpose, and engage in a number of collaborative projects. To further the sharing of information and research resources in support of faculty research, AJCU Libraries will provide direct reciprocal borrowing privileges to AJCU faculty of member institutions in the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.
If you have any questions, please contact the Library Circulation Desk at (206) 296-6233.
Procedures & Policies
Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU), Direct Reciprocal Library Borrowing Agreement for AJCU Faculty
Registration of borrowers
- AJCU faculty requesting direct borrowing privileges must obtain the AJCU Direct Reciprocal Library Borrowers form at the Circulation Desk at the home library.
- The patron must present the AJCU Borrowers Form and an institutional photo ID card at the Circulation Desk of the lending library.
- The lending library will, upon presentation of a properly completed AJCU Direct Borrowers Form and photo ID card, register the faculty for borrowing privileges.
- The lending library will establish a specific end date for privileges.
- The lending library will provide a library card and information regarding library policies and loan periods.
- The lending library may refuse to renew a patron's borrowing privileges if there are outstanding fines or books on the patron's record.
Overdue Notification and Replacement of Lost Books
- The lending library will send overdue notices and bills to borrower.
- The lending library determines the replacement cost of materials.
- The lending library will not charge any overdue fines to the home library.
- If the lending library declares a book lost and they cannot obtain the reimbursement from the borrower, the home library will be responsible for paying to replace the material, including the processing fee.
- On March 1, the lending library will give the home library a list of borrowers who have long overdue materials outstanding.
- On May 1, the lending library will give the home library a list of borrowers who have long overdue materials outstanding and a bill for replacement.
- Upon receipt of payment from the home library, the lending library will remove the replacement and processing fees from the borrower's record. It is left to the discretion of the lending library to remove or keep the associated fines active on the borrower's record.
AJCU Libraries agree to extend direct, reciprocal, in-person borrowing privileges to AJCU faculty from member colleges and universities. Each home library will establish eligibility for direct borrowing privileges. The lending library determines specific privileges; including the maximum number of checkouts and the specific ending date for borrowing privileges. Borrowers under this program are subject to the regulations and loan periods established by the lending library.
Each institution agrees:
- to provide addresses and other necessary information on direct borrowers of the lending library to allow for proper enforcement of the lending regulations.
- to be responsible for reimbursing the lending libraries for items determined to be lost.
- to cumulate a final annual notification of any outstanding obligations for the preceding calendar year by March 1, Cumulated obligations will be declared permanent on June 1.
These privileges will:
- be valid no later than the expiration date indicated on the AJCU Direct Borrowers Form
- provide direct borrowing privileges only for AJCU faculty
- apply only to the following libraries at each institution:
For the locations of the Jesuit universities in the United States, see Map of the United States Jesuit Institutions on the AJCU website.