To apply for financial aid, please contact Student Financial Services.
College of Nursing Scholarship Opportunities
Seattle University College of Nursing offers financial assistance through scholarship funds to students enrolled in the DNP program. Opportunities available may include*:
- Advanced Practice Nursing Immersion Scholarships. Scholarships are available for immersion students with demonstrated financial need.
- Diversity Scholarships. Seattle University offers scholarships for students from under-represented ethnic groups in nursing. A limited amount of funding is available for men of any ethnic background.
- Advanced Education Nurse Traineeships. Awards from the federal government that can be applied to tuition, fees, and books. Available to RNs students (APNI-RNs or traditional RNs in the last 12 months of the program). Preference is given to students who commit to work in an underserved area and/or with a vulnerable population upon graduation.
- Scholarships from private donors.
Students who are admitted and enrolled will receive notification of the application process, generally before the start of fall quarter.
*Availability of funding may vary.
Other Sources of Information about Scholarships for Graduate Study in Nursing
- National Health Service Corps Scholarships and Loan Repayment Program at nhsc.hrsa.gov
- Nursing scholarship list available from Johnson & Johnson at www.discovernursing.com
- Washington State Health Professional Loan Repayment and Scholarship Information at www.doh.wa.gov
- National Student Nurses Association at www.forevernursing.org
- King County Nurses Association at www.kcnurses.org
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing at aamn.org/scholarships.shtml
- Association on American Indian Affairs at www.indian-affairs.org/scholarships.html
- Mary Mahoney Professional Nurse Organization for African American Washington Residents at www.marymahoney.org/scholarship.html
- Washington Center for Nursing at www.wsna.org/wsnf/introduction
- MinorityNurse.com has an extensive list of scholarships for all students, not just those from ethnic minority groups at www.minoritynurse.com/find-scholarships
- Nurses Educational Funds has scholarships for nurses with a BSN, two reserved for students from ethnic minority groups at www.n-e-f.org
- Resources for Graduate and Post Graduate Nursing Students including general scholarship information and financial aid, as well as loan repayment programs at www.aacn.nche.edu/Education/financialaid.htm