CON Advising seeks to engage students in the whole university experience: to empower students to make decisions about their academic, personal and professional pathways, and to encourage students to develop strong personal connections within the university community.
- Mapping out your program of study
- Course selection and registration
- Career discernment and planning
- Study abroad exploration
Navigating Changes and Challenges
- Overcoming academic and personal difficulties
- Changes to your program of study
- Understanding university policies and procedures
Connecting to Resources
- Opportunities outside of the classroom
- Professional mentorship and networking
- Building relationships with faculty and students
- Be accountable (this is your experience)
- Think about your academic future
- Meet regularly with your advisor
- Come prepared to advising appointments
- Check SU email daily
- Know your degree requirements
- Know the rules (policies, procedures, deadlines)
Students in the College of Nursing are advised by professional or faculty advisors. Students are required to meet with their advisor at least once a quarter, during the Advising Period, prior to registration.
Who is my advisor?
To determine who your advisor is, please visit SU Online
- From the “Student Menu,” select “My Profile” under the “Academic Profile” section
- Your advisor’s name is listed in the “Academic Information” section
Making an Advising Appointment
Advisors are available to meet with students through scheduled appointments. To set up an advising appointment, please email your assigned academic advisor.
For general advising questions and concerns, please contact CONadvising@seattleu.edu
Generally, a professional advisor is also available for drop-in hours M-F from 9:00-4:00pm on the 4th Floor of Garrand for Nursing or Chardin 109 for Diagnostic Ultrasound. However, you are strongly encouraged to email your advisor and set up an appointment.
Students who need assistance registering for closed core courses should plan to visit the Core Solutions Center (University Services Building) during Registration Week or the Add/Drop period.
NOTE: Are you a current SU student who may be interested in changing your major to Nursing? We do offer a non-guaranteed internal transfer process for current SU students on a space available basis.