Vehicle theft and car prowling are both crimes of opportunity. There are steps you can take to be proactive in keeping your vehicle safe from being prowled or stolen.
- Consider installing a vehicle alarm system or another theft deterrent device. The Seattle Neighborhood Group in partnership with the Seattle Police Department offer The Club® to Seattle Residents at a reduced cost. For more information contact the Campus Crime Prevention Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Park your vehicle in well-lighted designated parking areas.
- Make sure that all windows and doors are secured before you leave your vehicle.
- Don't leave GPS units, portable electronics or valuables visible in the vehicle. Either place items in trunk or take them with you.
- If you observe suspicious behavior (e.g. person looking into parked vehicles, loitering in or around parking lots and /or vehicles parked on the street) contact Campus Public Safety at 206.296.5911.