Night Hawk will be closed from 12/15/2018-1/6/2019 for the Winter Break. Regular service will continue Monday 1/7/2019.
The Night Hawk Safety Escort program provides a safe and convenient way of traveling throughout the surrounding community for SU students and affiliates during evening hours.
Call or Tap
Request a ride during service hours using TapRide on your Android or iOS device. Alternatively, call in your ride request at 206.398.Hawk (4295).
The Night Hawk fleet consists of several fully electric Nissan Leafs, a Nissan Rogue SUV, and an ADA-accessible VMI Northstar van. The Night Hawk van accommodates passengers in wheelchairs or groups of up to five riders.
The Night Hawk operates during the regular academic year. Night Hawk does not run during summer quarter or during extended university holidays. Check the TapRide app for the most up-to-date information on Night Hawk hours.
During periods of normal operation, the Night Hawk hours are:
- Sunday – Thursday: 6pm to Midnight
- Friday and Saturday: 6pm to 2am
- Groups of up to five people (max vehicle capacity) will be shuttled
- Groups of four or fewer people will experience the shortest wait times
- All questions about service modification or adjustments should be directed to the Public Safety shift supervisor by calling 206.296.5990
- This program is student staffed and managed by the Department of Public Safety and Transportation
- Please Note: Unforeseen staffing illnesses, inclement weather, and/or campus emergencies may require sudden service adjustments
- Check the TapRide app for the most up-to-date service information