The Seattle University Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Professional Health Studies certificate program is designed for "career changer" students and offers the following for qualified applicants:
- Rigorous training in pre-health pre-requisite laboratory sciences and math.
- Co-matriculation with undergraduate students for all lectures and labs.
- The opportunity to be evaluated and receive a recommendation letter from the Health Professions Advisory Committee (after completion of 15 credits at Seattle University).
- Seminar opportunities and information as well as volunteer opportunities in the health field.
- One-on-one advising and other academic support.
- Eligibility to register with the Seattle University Pre-Health Club and Post-Bac/Non-Trad Student Group.
- Workshops and seminars on how to prepare for, apply to, and interview for professional school.
- Financial aid advice and eligibility for federal unsubsidized Stafford loan and selected private loans.
A typical successful applicant to the PBPHS program*:
- has an undergraduate cumulative and science GPA of at least 3.0
- understands and can articulate their motivation for entering the healthcare field
- has tested their commitment to the field through work, volunteering, shadowing or other activities
- needs to complete most or all of the pre-reqs for the relevant field and can reasonably complete 30 credits in our program
- has the support of a former professor, mentor, or other professional
*Please see the FAQs for more information.