Learning Outcomes for Pre-Professional Health Studies and the University
Upon completing their certificate in Pre-Professional Health Studies, students will:
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and competence in biology, chemistry, and physics.
- Communicate scientific information effectively through writing and speaking.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect and analyze data and to prepare coherent reports of their findings.
- Have professional attitudes, behaviors and skills to gain admissions to appropriate graduate/professional schools.
Upon completing their studies, Seattle University students will be:
- Prepared to encounter the world - They thoughtfully engage complex questions about human existence and the natural world by rigorously applying appropriate methods of inquiry and by drawing upon a broad foundation of relevant knowledge and experience.
- Adept in their discipline - Through pursuing their academic and scholarly passions, they possess in-depth knowledge and skills in their major, and are able to apply them effectively.
- Empowered to make a difference - They are competent and creative writers, speakers, and critical thinkers who are able to thrive in leadership, team and advocacy roles; who contribute to the common good; and who possess the tools to meet life's challenges.
- Self-reflective in their pursuit of meaning and purpose - They are prepared and inspired to lead reflective lives of meaning and value, to contemplate their relationship to the transcendent, and to discern their vocational and life paths.
- Committed to justice and ethical action - They are engaged and ethical members of their global and local communities, act with compassion and integrity, and strive for social and environmental justice.