During the summer, Seattle University offers safe, convenient and affordable housing in Seattle for both students and interns. Our residence halls are located in some of the most vibrant neighborhoods of the city and offer easy access to all that Seattle has to offer. RAs and desk staff are available during the summer.
Applications for summer housing are available May 1st through the myHousing Portal. Priority will be given to students who complete the application prior to June 1st.
You qualify to live in on-campus housing during the summer if you meet at least one of the criteria below:
- You are registered for at least one class on-campus class
- You are an employee, volunteer, or intern for any faculty or staff member on campus
- You are an intern in an academically sponsored internship off campus
Note: If you are a student attending in spring quarter and registered for fall term that may have a particular need for summer housing, approval will be granted on a case by case basis.
- June 21st, 2015 - 8-week and First 4-week session Move-In
- July 18th, 2015 - First 4-week Session Move-out
- July 19th, 2015 - Second 4-week Session Move-In
- August 15th, 2015 - 8-week and second 4-week Session Move-out
Any requests for late departure must be received by July 1st.
Housing Options For Summer 2015
Xavier Hall Double or Efficiency triple room are the room types available for summer housing. Current Murphy Apartment residents can apply to live in their current rooms (unless you live in Grande, building 4 which is closed this summer for maintenance, then you can be offered a room in a different Murphy building for the summer).
- June 14th, 2015 - cancellation deadline and move-out date for current residents who have received summer quarter housing
- July 17th, 2015 - cancellation deadline for students who received summer quarter housing for the Second 4-week session
Note: Summer room rates are prorated by the week. Students who cancel their summer assignments after moving in are responsible for the weekly cost of their summer housing assignment.
Summer Housing Rates
Summer room rates are prorated by the week. Summer Housing rates for the 8-week summer quarter are equivalent to our upcoming academic year rates.
Housing rates for Summer Quarter residents staying for less than 8 weeks are prorated with each week equivalent to ten percent of the total quarter rate. For example, 4-week summer quarter residents are prorated at 40 percent of the quarterly cost.
Summer Housing Discount
If you are working on-campus in the Summer you may qualify for a summer housing discount. To apply for a Summer Housing Discount, please fill out the Summer Housing Discount Request Form 2015 and submit it to our office by June 19th.