Other applications and documents
- International Declaration of Finances 2016-2017
(required for F-1 and J-1 international students)
- Non Matriculated Application
(for students who are not seeking a degree from Seattle University)
- Update Form
(for students who have already applied, to update their start term, major, or mailing address)
First-year applicants are required to submit the Common Application to Seattle University to be considered for admission. Applicants submitting the Common App to Seattle University will find a requirement to answer several SU-specific questions, including the following additional short answer reflections.
Question required of all first-year applicants:
- Please elaborate on one of your favorite extracurricular activities or work experiences. (50-100 words)
Additionally, first-year applicants will choose to respond to one of the following essays (100 - 250 words):
- Seattleites are known for buying more books per capita than residents of any other major U.S. city. If you could recommend any book to your admissions counselor, what would it be and why?
- Jimi Hendrix, Band of Horses, Nirvana, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Quincy Jones, Death Cab for Cutie…Seattle has a rich musical history and SU students are always finding new songs for their personal soundtrack in the city. Tell us five of your favorite songs, the musician(s) who play them, and why they made the list (two to three sentences for each song is appropriate).
- Seattle University is one of the 28 Jesuit Catholic colleges and universities in the US. A hallmark of Jesuit education is the value it places on continual reflection and discernment as paths for discovering meaning in our lives. Take time to reflect on your college search and application process. What have you learned about yourself as you consider your future in college and beyond? Who do you feel called to be?
Questions regarding the essay questions or the application review process should be directed to the Admissions Office at (206)220-8040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.