International Student Timeline
Please Select from the following:
- February - If you're not receiving mail from Seattle University, join our mailing list.
- March - Start visiting campus during your spring break. You can arrange a campus visit any time of the year here.
- May / June - Take the ACT and/or SAT for the first time. This is optional for international students.
- August - Attend the Seattle University College Planning Day.
- October / November - Repeat the ACT or SAT for scholarship consideration. English as a Second Language Students may also consider the TOEFL or IELTS test.
- Late October - Seattle University Fall Preview Day! Visit www.seattleu.edu/fallpreviewday to learn more.
- November 15 - Seattle University Early Action deadline. Apply online through the Common Application.
- Late November - Seattle University Fall Preview Day! Visit www.seattleu.edu/fallpreviewday to learn more.
- December 23 - Early Action Reply Deadline. Students who successfully completed their application through Early Action will be mailed a decision on this date.
- January 15 - Seattle University Regular Decision deadline. Apply online through the Common Application. Students who successfully complete their application through Regular Decision will be mailed a decision on March 1.
- April- Seattle University Accepted Student Open Houses & Receptions. These give you another opportunity to meet faculty, staff, and current students.
- May 1 - National Candidate's Reply Date - Deposits must be postmarked by this date for fall term enrollment at Seattle University.
- July - Summer in Seattle orientation happens throughout July. This is optional for international students and it is encouraged for those students that may be in the Seattle are during the summer. For those living outside of the U.S. in the summer, please remember that you are only allowed to enter the U.S. on your student visa 30 days prior to the program start date indicated on your I-20 form. Some international students coming to Seattle U from abroad have entered the United States on a visitor visa to attend Summer in Seattle as it happens prior to the 30 day window. If you choose to do this you will need to leave the United states and re-enter on your student visa.
- September - Welcome Week and Fall quarter begins in late September. International student orientation occurs the entire week before the academic year begins and is mandatory. The International Student Center will contact you in late August with the full New Beginning Orientation schedule.
Please note: Applications may be sent after the posted deadlines, but we cannot assure that they will be processed in time for the start of the term or that space will be available. The deadlines listed here are priority deadlines.
- January 1 - Nursing deadline.
- February 1 - Diagnostic Ultrasound deadline.
- March 1 - Transfer student priority deadline (all other majors).
- April - Scholarship notifications sent.
- August 15 - transfer application regular deadline.
- August - F-1 Visa holders should submit updated bank statements dated within 3 months of their start date.
- September 1 - Deadline for Winter Quarter.
- December 1 - Deadline for Spring Quarter.
- February 1 - Deadline for Summer Quarter.