You can change the text, colors and photos that appear in the banner for your department or office through a subsection (folder) called Section Customizations.
Section Customizations controls the content in the banner and footer of your page. You may already have a Section Customization folder set up in your department. If so, skip the next step.
- How to add a Section Customization folder
- How to update and customize your banner
- How to update your Footer Contact Information
In the site structure, you can control the banner and footer as they appear in your department or office website.
- To the right of your top section (e.g., Marketing Communications or MFA in Arts Leadership) select Action-Create Section
- In the General Tab that follows, give the section the name Section Customizations
- Uncheck the box that says Show in Navigation
- Save Changes
In the Section Customization folder, banners can be updated by adding the content type Section Banner.
Then fill out these fields:
- Banner Photo: upload a good quality photo or use one in the Shared Library folder of the Media Library
- Banner dimensions: 500 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall (you can resize images using a free site like PicMonkey.com or Adobe Creative Suite)
- Main Section Text (optional): This is text that goes above the main banner text (in the example above: "Seattle University Radio")
- Banner text (required): The name of your department
- The banner space is for department/school names ONLY. Do not add a slogan or welcoming header here.
- Colors: The background color
- Background texture: the texture behind the banner text and color overlay
Save and approve your changes.
- Add content type Department Contact Information
- Fill out the required fields
- Save and approve changes