Grants for Undergraduates

Grants are funds that are not repaid.

To be eligible for these grants, students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Generally, grants are applied directly to a student's account.

Some grants or scholarships may require the student to endorse a check before Student Financial Services can apply the funds to the student's account. Student Financial Services will notify the student at his or her Seattle University e-mail address when a check is received that requires the student's endorsement.

Grants at Seattle University include the following:

Federal Grants

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

State Grants

  • Washington College Grant
  • Students who are not eligible to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to their immigration status may still be eligible to apply for a Washington College Grant by completing the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).  For more information, go to

Institutional Grants

  • Seattle University Grants

ROTC Grants

Students participating in Army, Air Force, or Navy ROTC may receive ROTC grants.