Applications for the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering program are considered in all quarters. All application materials should be sent to Graduate Admissions by the stated deadline for that quarter. Apply Online
- Completed Application for Graduate Admission
- A four-year baccalaureate degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline from an ABET-accredited or regionally accredited institution. Applicants with an engineering or related degree from a non-ABET accredited institution must also provide official scores from a Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the last five years. The subject test in Mechanical Engineering is optional.
- Applicants with other degrees may be granted provisional admission to the program, contingent upon successful completion of stated undergraduate mechanical engineering courses. Please contact the department at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific circumstances
- Transcripts of all post-secondary education institutions attended in the last 90 quarter/60 semester credits of the bachelor’s degree, including any transfer credits earned during this time, and any post-baccalaureate coursework. Unofficial transcripts can be submitted as part of the application if official transcripts are not available.
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 calculated from official transcripts of all post-secondary educational institutions attended in the last 90 quarter/60 semester credits of your bachelor’s degree, including any transfer credits earned during this time, and any post-baccalaureate course work.
- Letter of intent discussing background, interests, and reasons for wanting to pursue a master’s degree in mechanical engineering (1-2 pages).
- CV or Resume summarizing academic and related work experience, if any, and contact information for two references.
- International Students: International students are required to submit additional materials in order to have their applications evaluated. If English is not the applicant’s native language, official English proficiency scores meeting the university’s entrance requirements. Please visit the International Admissions page for complete information.
My own experience at Seattle U provided a foundation from which I've been able to wear many hats and pursue a broad range of roles and experiences in my career. The most valuable aspect was the one-on-one time with world-class professors, who through knowing me well were able to help guide and shape my path. I'd highly recommend the program to fellow engineers looking to broaden their skills.
Senior Innovation Manager at Uptake Technologies, Inc.