This message was originally sent to all students on March 28, 2022 via SU Today
Seattle University now offers 24/7 medical and mental telehealth for students!
We are excited to announce a new telehealth resource available to all students starting today. Seattle University has partnered with TimelyCare to offer students 24/7 access to virtual medical and mental healthcare from anywhere in the United States. This exciting new service, funded by the student wellness fee, provides a great supplement to our existing on-campus health and wellness services with no out-of-pocket cost or insurance requirement.
Services available through TimelyCare include:
- Medical: 24/7, on-demand access to a medical provider that can treat a wide range of common illnesses like cold and flu, sinus infection, allergies and more.
- Scheduled Medical: scheduled options to speak to a medical provider.
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand access to a mental health professional to talk about anything at any time.
- Scheduled Counseling: scheduled options to speak to a licensed counselor (up to 12 visits per year).
- Health Coaching: resources to help students adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors related to sleep issues, nutrition, weight management and more.
- Psychiatry: services provided by referral from an on-campus medical or mental healthcare provider.
- Group Sessions: Weekly Guided Meditation and Yoga Group Sessions, plus specialized discussions throughout the year.
Whether you're under the weather, anxious, or overwhelmed, you will be able to talk to a licensed provider from your smartphone or any web-enabled device. Licensed providers are available to offer medical and mental health support via phone or secure video visits. Check out the FAQs below to learn more.
- How can students access TimelyCare?
- Students can go to timelycare.com/seattleu to register with their name and Seattle University email address. Students can then have visits from any web-enabled device – smartphone, laptop, or desktop. TimelyCare is available from anywhere in the United States.
- Who can use TimelyCare?
- Any Seattle University student.
- How much does a visit cost?
- Nothing! TimelyCare services are available with no out-of-pocket cost or insurance requirements for all Seattle University students.
You can learn more about TimelyCare on our website at http://www.seattleu.edu/wellness/timelycare. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Willette, Ph.D.
Associate Provost & Dean of Students