Catholic Immigration Summit 2020
Posted by ICTC on Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 7:44 AM PDT
Hope in Solidarity: The Catholic Response to Immigration Practices and Policies in the US
The 4th Annual Catholic Immigration Summit has more videos available! Be sure to visit the page soon, some videos will expire as the information presented is timely.
Here's what has been added recently:
- Jorge Baron, Executive Director of Immigrant Rights Project, addresses common questions on the topic of immigration and financial support during the pandemic (Spanish).
- Nicole Peger, Staff Attorney for Catholic Immigration Legal Services, gives an update on what DACA recipients should know as they await the Supreme Court's decision.
- Mario Villanueva,Executive Director of the Washington State Catholic Conference, discusses immigrant advocacy.
Previous videos include:
- Welcome and Opening Prayer with Carlos Orozco.
- Fatima Maldonadoshares her story as a DACA recipient.
- Edwin Ferrera, Director for Hispanic Ministry of the Archdiocese of Seattle, discusses the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on the immigrant community.
- Karla Garcia, MHP, MSW, LICSW, shares mental health resources (Spanish).
- Gabriella Gutiérrez y Muhs, Ph.D., leads a reflection on "Navigating through COVID-19 with Our Five Senses" (available in both English and Spanish).