We're delighted that you are joining Seattle University!
These webpages are designed to help you with your orientation as a new faculty member, and are intended to complement your experiences in our New Faculty Institute (NFI). NFI is organized by a planning team made up of representatives from the colleges on behalf of the Provost.
NFI has six goals:
- To build community across campus through cross-disciplinary conversation.
- To explore the Jesuit Catholic mission of the university.
- To reflect on and discuss the art of balancing teaching, scholarship, and service.
- To model and discuss effective teaching practices.
- To gain an awareness of key legal implications of working in higher education.
- To explain University-level expectations around rank and tenure for tenure-track NFI participants (in a follow-up session).
NFI 2018 is provisionally set for Thursday, September 6 and Friday, September 7.
Separately, a "nuts-and-bolts" orientation run by Faculty Services takes place twice, so you can choose the date that best suits you:
For 2018, these are provisionally set for Wed, Sep 5 in HUNT 110 or Mon, Sep 10 in HUNT 100.