Kimberly Riley, DSW
Doctor of Social Work (DSW)
Assistant Clinical Professor
Building/Room: HUNT 219
Kimberly Riley CV (PDF)
- Teaching & Supervision
- I am Dr. Riley. I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. I identify as an African American female and use she/her pronouns. My teaching style incorporates and encourages open dialogue between myself, students, and their peers about course material, uses shared in the moment learning through role plays, provides unique collaborative structure based on learning styles of the students, and invites ongoing feedback. My supervision style includes Solution Focused and Narrative Therapy approaches that help me guide the supervisee as they work towards their goals and find meaning in their work with clients.
- Research & Clinical Interests
- Preventative Behavioral Health and Youth Outcomes
- Cultural Identity and Interfaith Concerns in Families
- Narrative Therapy Use in Communities of Color and Poverty
- I take care of myself by experiencing joy, peace, and love. I enjoy traveling to new places by car with my husband and taking pictures along the way. I find peace being in my home and no activities are planned. I feel loved when I am in conversation with my family.